Sunday, February 5, 2017

Mr.Clean: 50 Shades of Bleach

Mr.Clean: 50 Shades of Bleach
Super Bowl LI

Everyone knows that the best part of the Super Bowl is the commercials, right? The one that took me, and many others, by surprise was the Mr. Clean commercial. Mr. Clean is known for making rooms spotless by a single swipe of his magic eraser, but this year he took his cleaning to an all new level. Mr. Clean had so much suave and seductive tendencies toward the woman in the commercial. Via Twitter, the Mr. Clean commercial was like the preview to a 50 Shades commercial! New year, new buff Mr. Clean because hey, you gotta love a man who cleans! What a great marketing tactic, great job!


2 comments:

  1. I'm not going to lie that was kind of creepy. If I had watched that with my parents or grandparents I would have felt uncomfortable. None-the-less it is a great marketing technique. It is true that sex sells especially when the new 50 Shades of Gray movie is about to come out. Great marketing on their part but I am sure they will be getting a lot of backlash from angry parents. Showing this during the Superbowl gathered so much attention, but that also involved younger viewers. However, Superbowl ads are known for being out there so parents should be ready to expect the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree; this was a great marketing technique for Mr. Clean.They really understood how to catch people's attention and play off of current news (50 Shades Darker). However, I can see Kelsey's point above about it being awkward. Also, it could be a tad controversial because there was a large amount of sex appeal used in the ad. Overall, I believe they accomplished their purpose though. The Superbowl is known their crazy ads, so why expect anything less!

    ReplyDelete