Sunday, January 29, 2017

Keeping Up With Jordan

Hello everyone, I hope you had a wonderful weekend. This weekend, my boyfriend Dan and I ventured to Columbus for a day trip. Our first stop was for doughnuts at The Little Donut Shop! This doughnut shop is known for their gourmet little doughnuts. We purchased half a dozen. Our flavors of choice were as follows: cookie dough, Oreo cheesecake, cinnamon roll, sprinkle, birthday cake and worm in the dirt. Our next stop was Easton Town Center. If you have not been to Easton, you need to go as soon as possible, as this is one of the best malls in Ohio. At Easton we shopped around for a few hours and I purchased a dress for the conference I will be attending this weekend. So here is the best part of the trip - while we were at Easton, we stopped by Tiffany's. One of their salesmen smooth talked me into trying on one of their diamond engagement rings! (this seriously did happen). I have to admit, there is nothing in the world that sparkles like a Tiffany diamond (uh-oh, future husband warning). Dan was just about to pass out from the price tag, so I led him out of the store to continue shopping. After Easton, our next and final stop was at the German Village. Dan is of German heritage, so we thought it would be fun to check out the historic town. The little town was very quant with a few family owned restaurants and historic sites. Dan and I decided to have dinner at Schmidt's Sausage Haus. Schmidt's was delicious; for dinner I had one of the most well-known German dishes called pork shank. It is always great to get away, even if it is just for the day.

Check out some of our photos from the weekend!



Until next time, XOXO 







2 comments:

  1. I must say - this was a very creative date for the weekend. Most people think they need to have set plans, rather than venturing off and letting the day take them places. Since I have a passion for doughnuts, it should be assumed I will be making a trip to The Doughnut Shop! Also, I have a wonderful recommendation for you in regards to doughnuts and possibly your next adventure. There is a little shop that sells doughnuts called Peace, Love, and Doughnuts. They have the BEST doughnuts I have ever had. They are located around the Akron/Cleveland area so I am sure there is a lot of other things you could go and do as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so fun! Sounds like you and Dan are a great couple and compliment each other well. I have to say, from all your descriptions and even just looking at your doughnut pictures, it made me super hungry! I also agree that this is a very creative date idea. A lot of couples would just go to a dinner and a movie or something like that, but this seems more fun, and Easton is a great place for exploring!

    ReplyDelete